Protect your accounts from accidental overdrafts. This service can ensure you don't experience denied purchases or bounced checks so you can always buy the things you need.
As a Texas Bank account holder, checks and recurring electronic transfers are automatically covered. Opt in to receive coverage for check card and ATM usage as well, so you can rest easy knowing your accounts are protected!
- Bounce Protection
- Protect your accounts and credit
- Avoid denied debit card purchases
- Opt in to protect ATM and check card transactions
- Low $29.50 per paid item fee*
- Limit 6 overdraft charges per day
- Subject to approval
- An overdraft could result in several ways, such as (1) the payment of checks, electronic funds transfers or other withdrawal requests; (2) payments authorized by you; (3) the return of unpaid items deposited by you; (4) the imposition of bank service charges; or (5) the deposit of items which, according to the bank's Funds Availability Policy, are treated as not yet available or finally paid.
- For Bounce Protection consideration, your account is in "good standing" if you (1) make sufficient deposits to bring your account to a positive end-of-day balance at least once every 30 calendar days (including the payment of all bank fees and charges); (2) avoid excessive overdrafts suggesting the use of Bounce Protection as a continuing line of credit, (3) have no legal orders, levies or liens against your account; and (4) have opted into the Bounce Protection Program.
- We may refuse to pay an overdraft item at any time even though we may have previously paid overdrafts for you. For example, we typically do not pay overdraft items if your account is not in good standing as defined above, or, if based upon our review of your account management, we determine that you are using Bounce Protection excessively or seem to be using Bounce Protection as a regular line of credit.
NOTE: A total of 6 overdraft fees can be charged to you per day. Read more about this service by clicking on the FAQ tab above or by downloading our customer overdraft policy.
*$29.50 also applies to return item fees
- Sweeps Option
If you regularly maintain a low balance in your checking account and have a Texas Bank savings account, you can also set up automatic sweeps to cover overdrafts. We can automatically transfer funds from your savings so you don't get hit with overdraft fees or denied purchases. NOTE: There is a $2 charge for each transfer and a limit of 6 transfers per month.
How does Bounce Protection work?*
Texas Bank is not obligated to pay any item presented for payment if your account does not contain sufficient funds; however, as long as you maintain your account in "good standing," we may approve your overdraft items within your current available Bounce Protection limit as a non-contractual courtesy.
For overdraft privilege consideration, your account is in "good standing" if you (1) make sufficient deposits to bring your account to a positive end- of-day balance at least once every 30 calendar days (including the payment of all bank fees and charges); (2) avoid excessive overdrafts suggesting the use of Bounce Protection as a continuing line of credit; (3) there are no legal orders, levies or liens against your account; and (4) you opt in for Bounce Protection.
Please note that the amount of the overdraft plus our Paid Item(s) fee of $29.50 for each item will be deducted from your overdraft limit. If the item is returned, the Returned Item(s) fee of $29.50 will be deducted from your account. No interest will be charged on the overdraft balance for consumer accounts.
How do I know when I use the Bounce Protection limit?
You will receive an overdraft notice in the mail each time items are paid. The notice will show the check number, amount and the Paid/Return Item(s) fee. You will need to subtract the total fees when balancing your checkbook.
What is my Bounce Protection limit? If I have two checking accounts, can I get Bounce Protection on both?
Contact one of our service representatives to find out the Bounce Protection limit for your account. If you have multiple accounts for your household, you may have a limit on all eligible accounts.
What if I go beyond my Bounce Protection limit?
Overdrafts above and beyond your established Bounce Protection limit may result in checks or other items being returned to the payee. The Returned Item(s) fee of $29.50 will be charged per item and assessed to your account. An overdraft notice will be sent to notify you of items paid and/or returned.
How quickly must I repay my Bounce Protection?
You should make every attempt to bring your account to a positive end-of-day balance as soon as possible, and must do so within 30 calendar days. If you are not able to do so, you will receive a letter from Texas Bank informing you that your Bounce Protection limit has been suspended and additional items will be returned.
What does my Bounce Protection privilege cost?
There is no additional cost associated with this privilege unless you use it. Please note that the amount of the overdraft plus our Paid Item(s) fee of $29.50 for each item will be deducted from your overdraft limit. If the item is returned, the Returned Item(s) fee of $29.50 will be deducted from your account.
To help you manage your account, the total fees you have paid for items (both paid and returned) during the current month and for the year-to-date will be reflected on your monthly checking statement.
What are some of the ways I can access my Bounce Protection limit?
You can access your Bounce Protection a variety of different ways, so your account is always protected:
- By check
- By check card
- ATM withdrawal
- ACH auto debit